Ishiguro Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
We are established manufacturer of novel products for the office furniture industry and the creator of
the industry standard PLA-PART brand, serving our customers with pride for over 70-years.
President and CEO
The History of Ishiguro
Ishiguro Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a family-owned manufacturer of office furniture parts. Founded in Tokyo in 1945 with a single office, we created our trademark product brand, PLA-PART in 1960. After half a century of customer satisfaction, the PLA-PART brand has become a general term in Japan associated with high-end, functional parts for office furniture.
Our 70-years of trusted service to our customers allows Ishiguro to proudly maintain and nurture mutually beneficial business relationships with more than 1,000 companies, including some of the largest office furniture manufacturers in the world, such as Okamura Corp. and KOKUYO Co., Ltd.
Our product lines include functional parts for furniture including: adjusters, casters, wooden furniture glides and plastic window shutters, to name a few. Related products include functional power outlets and components that allow manufacturers of standup desks to electrify their products. We also serve customers in the medical and laboratory furniture space with our specialty lines.
We employ the latest in three-dimensional CAD and CA\4 technology to conduct fast-paced, creative design and development of products at our three testing facilities in Japan. Our quality control operations are also based in our Japan facilities to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
A Japanese Brand Known for Quality
- Our PLA-PART brand has set the standard for quality office furniture parts within the industry.
- We employ legendary Japanese quality control systems in the design and manufacture of our products that offer perfection at a fair price, assisting our customers in growing their business.
- Our in-house team regularly visits our factories to ensure that ISO and other quality standards are met and exceeded.
An Established Track Record
- Our PLA-PART brand is synonymous within Japan’s office furniture industry for high quality and highly functional furniture parts.
- We have developed, and supply more than 1,000 customized parts based on the specific needs of our customers.
Technical and development prowess
- Ishiguro and the PLA-PART brand use the latest state-of-the art design technology, including three-dimensional CAD/CAM to meet our customers product needs with responsive service and fast-paced design and development.
- We guarantee the delivery of high quality and functional furniture parts with the added value of Japanese creativity and quality.
- Over 5% of our net sales is dedicated to research and development and we have obtained numerous patents and utility models across numerous product lines.
- Our products are fully compliant with RoHS and other global regulations as part of our commitment to create a sustainable world.
- In the development stage, we strive design and produce products that are recyclable and work of eliminate the use of hazardous substances that are harmful to people and unsustainable for the environment.
Our Management Philosophy
- Our goal is to assist our customers throughout the world grow and succeed by offering superior products and services to meet their needs in a timely and responsive fashion.
- Quality and the needs of our customers come first.
Our Management Strategy
- Our management strategy emphasizes direction and order.
- Our goal is to supply products and services that are fully adapted to the needs of today.
As part of our management strategy, our corporate priorities, in order, include:
- Strength product and service capabilities (management vision).
- Sales prowess (earn the appreciation and satisfaction of our customers).
- Environmental improvement through sustainable design and manufacturing processes (improve our world).